Have dull, stained, misshapen, chipped, or crooked teeth been making it hard to find a reason to smile? While there are many ways that our team at Time to Care Dental Group can improve the appearance of your pearly whites, few are as versatile as veneers in Edmonton. You deserve a bright, Hollywood smile, and veneers are the easiest way to transform your entire grin in just a couple of appointments. Give our friendly team a call today to learn more!
What Are Veneers?
When veneers were first introduced, they were made from composite resin, but these days, most dentists use dental porcelain because of its lifelike and more durable nature. Not only that, but porcelain has a smooth, non-porous surface, making it incredibly resistant to staining – much more so than your natural teeth! These personalized shells are bonded to the front surfaces of teeth, essentially acting as little “masks.” Because they cover up the tooth, they’re able to instantly conceal multiple imperfections, including:
- Tiny yet noticeable cracks and chips in the enamel
- Slightly crooked or rotated teeth
- Misshapen, short, or “stubby” teeth
- Permanent stains that do not respond to teeth whitening treatment
- Small gaps in between the teeth
The Process of Getting Veneers
Generally, the veneers process takes only a handful of appointments over the course of a few weeks. You’ll first have to attend a consultation with your cosmetic dentist in Edmonton to ensure that veneers are the ideal way to meet your smile goals. Then, we capture impressions of your teeth to make a mold that a trusted dental lab will use to craft your veneers, making sure they replicate the size, shape, and color of your teeth. In the meantime, we’ll place temporary veneers to protect your teeth and let you take your new smile for a rest run.
After about three or four weeks on average, you’ll return to our office. We’ll make last-minute adjustments as needed until you’re satisfied with the results, and then we’ll permanently bond your veneers into place. At that point, all that’s left to do is walk out of our dental office with your new and improved smile!
The Benefits of Veneers
It should come as no surprise that veneers are easily one of our most popular cosmetic dentistry services. After all, they can offer as multitude of benefits, such as:
- Seamless appearance – Every single veneer is custom-made to blend in with the rest of your smile.
- Resistance to stains – Tooth enamel is porous and stains easily, while dental porcelain’s smooth surface makes this problem far less likely to occur.
- Versatility – Virtually every cosmetic flaw that a tooth has can be corrected by placing a veneer.
- Durability – If you take good care of your veneers, they can last for at least 10 to 15 years.
- Short treatment timeline – Considering how long veneers last, the process only takes a few short weeks!